Monday, October 26, 2009

Potty Race

"Mom, you always win."
What did I win, BooBoo?
"You always win the potty race!"

When Drew is finished doing his business on the potty (he sits on the pot for at least 15 minutes each time and requires reading material...I wonder where he got that habit from?!), he always yells, "I'm DONE!" and then he thinks there is a mad dash to see who will win the race to the bathroom to wipe his bum. Apparently I always win. Yay!

Okay, I guess daddy "wins" sometimes too, but it's just my job. Somehow Stu and I have fallen into a (mostly unspoken) routine where we each just take care of certain, shall we say, unpleasant jobs. I'm the official poop cleaner and he scrubs the master shower, oh and he also scrubs - I mean, really scrubs - the kitchen floor occasionally too.

That's just how it is and somehow it works!

6 comments:

Holly said...

That is so sweet that he thinks you are excited to help him on the potty! You are such a good mum!

I can't wait to see you next week!!!

PS. I apologize for the over use of exclamation marks... but I am really excited!!!

Stu said...

You're so good at it B!! I could never take that away from you.

It will be great to see you Auntie Holly!

Sara and Dustin said...

Why is Drew so funny? I love that he imagines a full on race to wipe his bum.

And Holly's coming to see you? That's fun for you guys! I hope you have a great time. Can I come?

Flora said...

Why is Drew the funniest little boy on the planet? Who wouldn't want to race to be the first to wipe his little bum-bum? And by the way, I think Beth has the sweetest deal. Stu kind of has the worst end the job duties. I would take little bottoms any day over scrubbing floors and bathrooms! You married a peach, my dear!

b.liz said...

I'm certainly not complaining. I don't love wiping bums, but I REALLY don't like scrubbing grout. I agree...I've got the better deal for sure. (Thx, hun!)

Kathy said...

The Potty Race is absolutely a DARLING premise. What a sweet family you have Beth, and I agree with your mom that you have the better 'end' (no pun intended) of the deal. Much love,
Kathy